Fashion Club has partnered with Caché, the only national specialty store offering prom dresses and accessories, on our exclusive prom trends blog series. Here's what Caché has to say about prom makeup:
You’ve found the perfect gown, splurged on those kitten heels you’ve had your eye on, and your favorite clutch goes with everything. But there’s a girl behind that outfit, and she should be seen. That’s where great makeup comes in.
Heavy eyeliner and a bright red lipstick make an impression, definitely. But getting done up right requires a little more savvy. To be fabulous from head to toe consider these makeup guidelines:
- If your dress is simple, it’s fun to create drama with contrasting eye shadows and different shades of lip color. Don’t be shy, either—glitter and bright shades are your best friends when it comes to livening up a classic look.
- If your dress does the talking with eye-catching embellishment or prints, keep cool up top with nudes and light shades to balance out the busy. Subtle shimmers with just a pop of lip color can work great too.
- Experiment with something new. Makeup can totally transform a face so why not surprise everyone who thinks they know you by picking a lip color beyond your personal norm. Or by lining your eyes inside and out if you usually just do the top lid.
- Beware of makeup stains on your prized possession. Though it’s tempting to put on your gown as soon as you’re out of the bath, it’s always best to “put on your face” first and carefully slip your dress on after. Don’t compromise your glow by showing up at the event with tinted foundation on your bodice!
- Take selfies and get your smartest, most stylish girlfriends’ (or boyfriends’!) advice. They’re on your side—they’d better be!
One last thing: Remember that clutch we mentioned? Make sure you’ve got your lipstick in it when you leave for the event. And whatever other makeup essentials apply. Get it? Apply. Sorry, sometimes we just can’t help ourselves.
Caché has partnered with schools for over a decade, hosting fashion shows and special events. They're experts at what they call "the event before the event," and take pride in matching young women with perfect prom looks for the big night. Enter the Fairy Godmother Contest for your chance at a $750 prom shopping spree at Caché. And for your chance to win a $4,500 scholarship to attend FIDM, enter the Caché Prom Scholarship Contest!
Check back next week for more prom tips from Caché.