You are so in luck! The messy updo is a) insanely chic, b) a red carpet fave for stars like Eva Mendes, Alicia Keys, and Vanessa Hudgens, and c) super-easy to achieve.
There are tons of variations for this style, but they all start with a simple ponytail. If you've already got curly hair then you're ready to start, if not, use a medium-barreled curling iron to create spirals or waves (whichever you prefer). Here are the simple steps:
1. Pull your hair into a loose ponytail. And don't worry about getting every single strand into the ponytail holder - a few stray tendrils are what make the look so stunning!
2. Use bobby pins to randomly pin sections of hair into a chignon and you're done!
- Leave as much or as little of your hair out of the ponytail as you want. You can always pin back pieces if you feel you've left too much out.
- You can part your hair one either side, right down the middle, or just pull it straight back into the ponytail.
- Your ponytail can be as low or as high as you want. You can even pull it to one side.
- Add a sparkly headband, colorful flower, sequined hair pins or anything else you want to make the look even more festive.
- Add braids or twists to the front (just one or two) for a more textured look.
Try different variations before the big night to see which one you love best. And for more gorgeous Prom updos go here. Have a great Prom! --Angel