How should I style my short hair?
I get a ton of questions about different hairstyles to try for Prom and this is probably the most common. Some of the world's most glamorous woman are donning short 'dos these days, so you're in good company! Whether you've got choppy locks like songstress Rihanna or a sleek bob a la Katie Holmes, there's a Prom-perfect style for you! --Angel
1. Curl hair with a medium- or large-barreled curling iron, making sure you curl each piece in the same direction.
2. Rub pomade between palms and comb through hair with fingers.
3. Add a cute headband or flower and you're ready to go!
1. Straighten 1-inch sections of hair with a flat iron until entire Mohawk is straight.
2. Use your fingers to fan out the Mohawk and pull a few pieces down in front to create bangs. Make your hair stand up or out or however you want it - just have fun with it!
3. Apply pomade as needed to create spiky pieces.
4. Brush down the sides of the Mohawk. If your hair is not shaved on the sides you can use pomade and gel to spike the sides up or slick them back to create a Mohawk look. Add a flower or bow to sweeten it up!
1. Start with smooth, dry hair, then use a medium-barreled curling iron to curl 1-inch sections of your hair until your entire head is complete.
2. Loosely pin the curls to your head, making as big or as little rolls as you desire.
Twist and Turn - This style takes no effort at all to achieve but looks deeply gorgeous! For a showstopping style just twist sections of your hair and lightly pin to your head. Be creative and make the twist as tight or loose, as big or as little as you like!
1. Start with hair parted slightly off-center.
2. Begin French braiding one side, making sure to include only the hair in front. Then repeat with the opposite side. You can use an elastic to hold the first braid while you do the second one.
3. Pull both braids to the back of your head and wrap together with a hair elastic. You can add barrettes, flowers or feathers to decorate!
No time to do your own hair for Prom? Print a picture of your favorite short-haired celeb and take it to your hairdresser!